CORPORATE MEDIA RELEASE
NORGINE TO PRESENT DATA FOR PLENVU® AND XIFAXAN® AT THE UNITED EUROPEAN GASTROENTEROLOGY WEEK (UEG)
- Seven PLENVU® related posters – one poster demonstrating PLENVU® higher efficacy compared to standard of care[i]
- Three XIFAXAN® related posters – two posters featured as posters of excellence and in posters champion sessions
AMSTERDAM. The Netherlands. 19 October 2018. 07:00 AM BST / 08:00 AM CET. Norgine B.V., a leading European specialist pharma company will present data at the UEG Week Vienna, October 20 – 24, 2018. Data include:
- seven posters related to PLENVU® (polyethylene glycol 3350, sodium ascorbate, sodium sulfate, ascorbic acid, sodium chloride and potassium chloride for oral solution) – including one poster to demonstrate PLENVU®’s higher cleansing efficacy compared to MOVIPREP®, SUPREP® and CitraFleet®i
- three posters of excellence related to XIFAXAN® (rifaximin) 550mg.
PLENVU® related posters
- Repici A et al. Superior high-quality colon cleansing with 1L NER1006 versus sodium picosulfate + magnesium citrate, 2l polyethylene glycol + ascorbate, or oral sulfate solution: post hoc pooled analysis of three randomised phase 3 clinical trials. # Monday 22 October. 12:30 – 13:30 CET
- Clayton L et al. 1L NER1006 achieves high-quality bowel cleansing with lower total fluid volume intake than standard 2L polyethylene glycol + ascorbate: a post-hoc analysis (OPT). #P0167. Monday 22 October. 12:30 – 13:30 CET
- Clayton L et al. 1L NER1006 evening/morning dosing sustains successful colon cleansing in 7 out of 8 patients even 7+ hours after the second dose: post hoc analysis of overnight split-dosing regimens of 1L NER1006 versus 2L polyethylene glycol + ascorbate or oral sulfate solution. # Monday 22 October. 12:30 – 13:30 CET
- Hassan C et al. High-quality cleansing improves lesion detection during colonoscopy compared to adequate cleansing: post hoc analysis of 1170 central-reader assessed patients in three randomised phase 3 trials. # Monday 22 October. 12:30 – 13:30 CET
- Manning J et al. Higher Harefield cleansing scale scores are associated with improved lesion detection: post hoc analysis of three randomised and central reader-assessed phase 3 clinical trials. # Monday 22 October. 12:30 – 13:30 CET
- Amlani B et al. Public attitudes to colonoscopy: how much bowel preparation liquid must be drunk before a colonoscopy? # Monday 22 October. 12:30 – 13:30 CET
- Halonen J et al. Overnight or morning only split dosing with 1 L polyethylene glycol NER1006 can deliver 92% or higher rates of successful overall colon cleansing in normal weight and obese patients. # Monday 22 October. 12:30 – 13:30 CET.
XIFAXAN® 550mg (rifaximin) related posters
- Schuchmann M et al. Long term prevention of overt hepatic encephalopathy is possible with lactulose alone but more effective if combined with rifaximin: A systematic review with number needed to treat analyses of randomised controlled trials. #P0032. Poster of Excellence and Poster Champion Session. Monday 22 October 12:30 – 13:30 CET, Terminal 4: 14:00 – 15:30 CET, Awards: 15.30 CET
- Currie C et al. Derivation and validation of a statistical model to forecast three-month, all cause mortality in subjects admitted with incident diagnosis of cirrhosis. #P0033. Poster of Excellence and Poster Champion Session. Monday 22 October, Terminal 2: 12:30 – 13:30 CET, Awards: 13.45 CET
- Currie C et al. Derivation and validation of a statistical model to forecast long term all-cause mortality in people with cirrhosis. #P0034. Monday 22 October, 12:30 – 13:30 CET.
Notes to Editors:
In Europe, PLENVU® is indicated in adults for bowel cleansing prior to any procedure requiring a clean bowel.[ii]
PLENVU is a trademark of the Norgine group of companies.
About XIFAXAN® 550mg
XIFAXAN® (rifaximin) 550mg is indicated for the reduction in recurrence of episodes of overt hepatic encephalopathy in patients ≥ 18 years of age.[iii]
Norgine currently holds marketing rights for rifaximin–α (XIFAXAN® 550mg, also known as TARGAXAN® 550mg in the UK and Belgium) in Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Republic of Ireland, Sweden and United Kingdom.
XIFAXAN and TARGAXAN are under license from Alfasigma S.p.A.
XIFAXAN and TARGAXAN are registered trademarks of the Alfasigma group of companies, licensed to the Norgine group of companies.
Norgine is a leading European specialist pharmaceutical company with a direct commercial presence in all major European markets. In 2017, Norgine’s total net product sales were EUR 345 million, up 17 per cent.
Norgine employs over 1,000 people across its commercial, development and manufacturing operations and manages all aspects of product development, production, marketing, sale and supply.
Norgine specialises in gastroenterology, hepatology, cancer and supportive care.
Norgine is headquartered in the Netherlands.
For more information, please visit www.norgine.com
In 2012, Norgine established a complementary business Norgine Ventures, supporting innovative healthcare companies through the provision of debt-like financing in Europe and the US. For more information, please visit www.norgineventures.com.
NORGINE and the sail logo are trademarks of the Norgine group of companies.
Isabelle Jouin, T: +44 (0)1895 826237
Follow us @norgine
[i] Repici A., Amlani B., Uebel P., Schreiber S. Superior high-quality colon cleansing with 1L NER1006 versus sodium picosulfate + magnesium citrate, 2L polyethylene glycol + ascorbate, or oral sulfate solution: Post hoc pooled analysis of three randomised phase 3 clinical trials. #P0159. Monday 22 October. 12:30 – 13:30 CET. UEGW.
[ii] PLENVU. SmPC. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/8578/smpc. October 2017
[iii] XIFAXAN/TARGAXAN 550mg. SmPC. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/2976/smpc. October 2016